Saturday, April 7, 2018

One Thing



In the last few months I have had many different things to get accomplished.  It has been overwhelming for me and frustrating.  I tend to get that way when I don't organize myself and prioritize.  Do you ever feel that way?  Today as I was once again flitting about from "thing" to "thing" and not really getting much done on any one of them. I finally called a halt to the insanity.

The second crippling thing in my life is the "self beating up process".  I start thinking about all the things I'm not doing and the worries of living and making a living and...and...to the point that it keeps me from the day to day stuff that is ordinary and daily routine.  So I pulled up my "boot straps" (I guess here it would be my sandal straps) and reminded myself I don't need to do everything at once.

I can only do one thing at a time.  So today my one thing is going to be to finish putting the beads on my moon for the retreat wall hanging and if I get to another item on the list I can rejoice and do my personal happy dance.  Making this decision has made my heart happy.

I'm happy too because this is the second thing on my list, so you know what that means - I finished the beading.🎊🎉🎈

The other "thing" I am going to start including in my daily routine is to write my "to do" list the night before so I can jump right in to my day with devotional and inspiration time.  My husband has been trying to get me to write my lists the night before for years.  I guess you can always start new habits at any point in life.

My current devotion book is "Your Life, God's Home by Nancie Carmichael
Inspiration is going to be "The Daily Book of Art: 365 readings that teach, inspire and entertain"


2 comments:

  1. I'll take a look at those books! Don't be too hard on yourself, you do many things very well...It just might not seem like it some times. And yes, I certainly feel this way many days...can't wait to see the wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing what's common woes for all of us and various times. All good advice, Dee! Cant wait to see you at the Retreat!

    ReplyDelete