Monday, August 29, 2016

Little Bits

Little by little does the trick.
            Aesop



I am often asked how I get so much done.  The truth is I really don't get that much accomplished on a regular basis.  Most of the time I am just getting the have to's done for whatever class or event that is coming next.  In between I get to do what I call my fun stuff done.

I come from a family of 13 children.  My mother was a very busy woman all the time.  Without really knowing that I was learning and mimicking her for most of my life I now know I picked up an amazing skill from her.  As you can imagine she had many irons in the fire and she would move through her days getting the have to's done and doing the in between things a little here and a little there.  She sang hymns while sweeping or vacuuming, prayed as she did gardening and other chores, weeded flower beds (two or three weeds at a time) on her way to something or returning from somewhere and the list goes on.

I rarely ever clean house in one day, rarely do the laundry all at the same time and am on the move through my days.  For example, today I started with a have to - Quilt Club is this week - noticed the bathroom downstairs was in need of cleaning so I cleaned it, went back to the have to, remembered an email I had to send and while doing that finished other email chores, finished up the first have to and proceeded to my next one.  Once I finished that one I needed a break from sitting so I watered the plants and realized how long it had been since I wrote on the blog.  Here I am in between the have to's doing what I want to do.  I still have a meeting to plan for this week, a few phone calls to make today and a pattern to trace.  The sewing machine is calling to me and I must answer the call.

For me, little by little the work gets done as long as I keep going.  May your days be fruitful and may you accomplish whatever you want and need to in the way that works best for you.

Blessings,
Dee

1 comment:

  1. I love this post :-) Beautiful life story and great lesson! Thanks, Dee!

    ReplyDelete